Announcing the winner of our WarpBall compilation competition… EurythmY with a space-tempo belter, titled “Emptimass”
Read more below to learn about the VA’s concept, and the requirements of the winning track.
We are glad to publicly announce our next unique compilation album, infiltrating into unchartered territories of the music realm. Partnering with game-developers, Unruly Attractions, we will be releasing a 20-track compilation album as the original soundtrack for their upcoming game, WarpBall. The album will both be a regular release on Outtallectuals label, as well as being heard in the background while the game is played. See sample footage of the game below, and visit their website for more information.
The album will feature a number of staple Outtallectuals contributors as well as newly discovered artists and a few bigger names in experimental bass music, all to be revealed in the coming weeks.
In collaboration with Euphoric.net, we are using this opportunity to run a contest for submissions to the WarpBall compilation, choosing one or two winners to be included in the album. Read on for further details about this unique opportunity, how to enter, what to submit and more.
- Extended Competition Deadline: September 20th
- One or two winners will be chosen to be included in the 20-track compilation.
- All songs will be available as follow for download and/or paid release through all major digital platforms.
- The winning submissions will be uploaded onto Euphoric.net’s Soundcloud channel and promoted through Outtallectuals and partner platforms.
- Winner announcement: September 22nd
- Estimated compilation release date: October 10th
- Genres: Techy & groovy electronic music, on the 80 to 160 BPM range (mid to uptempo) [neurohop, neurofunk, drum n bass, drumstep, glitchhop]
- Theme: Winning submissions will have to meet the ‘quantum’ vibe of the game. Keywords for conceptual styles: quantum bass, space bass
- We favour tracks that have a high degree of experimentality and signature charm, but balance this with a healthy focus on the groove and cadence.
- Refrain from using long ambient breaks/drums cuts.
We look forward to hearing your tunes!
A refreshingly different take on soccer games, WarpBall brings teleportation to the field, and runs with it.
Inspired by the retro classic Speedball 2, Monday Night Combat and the cult hit Cellfactor Psychokinetic Wars, WarpBall brings the fun and accessibility back into sports games.
WarpBall was selected as a part of the Square Enix Collective, and was Greenlit on Steam in less than 2 weeks. Prototypes of the game have been demoed at events including MineCon 2015, where it was played by Xbox Head Phil Spencer!
- Online and local multiplayer: Many indie games are local multiplayer only. Not us! Kick ass all round the world
- Lots of Replay Value: Between the arena layouts, character ability choices, and even player tactics, two matches of WarpBall can be very different experiences
- Character Customisation: Choose your character, ability and a procedurally generated skin.
- Single Player League: No friends? No problem! Single player leagues and trophys to keep yourself busy
- Easy to pick up: The basics of WarpBall are fast to pick up, although the game’s depth takes time to master!
- Awesome Soundtrack: 20-track electronic soundtrack sourced from Outtalectuals